The Perfect Jewelry For Spring Season 2021
Every year, big fashion companies showcase new designs that will likely influence the coming year. We’ve encountered many collections that set the tone for 2021.
Modernist pearl earrings are another trend with lasting power and all but slowing down for Spring/Summer 2021. Learning more about jewelry trends in spring 2021 will help you stay trendy.
The 2020 Jewelry Trend
You must look retrospectively at 2020 to have an idea about what 2021 has in store for us. Usually, some of the fashion jewelry trends this year will be retained or stay relevant with new designs.
The year 2020 was all about trying something new—until before the world became chaotic because of the pandemic. Moving past that, here are some of the fashion jewelry trends that stood out this year:
- Oversized Jewelry: the style of going bigger as opposed to going delicate and straightforward became a “thing.” It provided a breath of fresh air.
Giant sparkling chain style necklaces and earrings got a lot of attention on the runway. It provided a contrast that could elevate basic outfits and provide that needed pop.
- Color Explosion: this year, people veered away from the usual gold and silver. They now prefer colorful pieces that gave a vibrant and bright feel.
Also, mixing stones and metals are in—bringing a bit of fun to everyone’s style. These changes gave us the chance to have more freedom on our wardrobe choices.
Earring Trends 2021
- Statement Earring: one of the most prominent styles for high-profile designers was the use of a single earring.
Like the oversized necklaces, these pieces accentuate simpler styles. They bring in the much-needed new in the decade.
- Pearls: it remained as a timeless option used in any form of jewelry. Designers showcased layered necklaces, drop earrings, and even headpieces, all came with beautiful pearls.
They can match any style, making them a versatile choice that can bring in that flair of luxury.
- Bigger Hoop Earrings: While hoop earrings never became irrelevant, they became more popular this year, and they became more prevalent in fashion shows.
If you’ll wear a pair, you can try using other colors such as tortoise or white instead of the tired gold hoops.
Charm Bracelets: Still In Style In 2020
Personalized jewelry, as a whole, became very impactful in the world of fashion. It is especially true when it comes to bracelets.
Charm bracelets sound like a thing of the past, but as runways showed us, they are here to become a part of the new decade.
Popular charm bracelet options were those that symbolizes good fortune, spirituality, and love.
Finding the right charm bracelet is all about getting one that matches your personality and energy. You can opt for something sleek and stylish with a little bit of charm.
You can also go for a glitzy piece that shines in any outfit. Using birthstones and your favorite color palette are also things to consider.
The Necklaces To Get Today
Social media has been buzzing about necklaces and the best ones for your collection. Aside from the oversized jewelry, a lot are using more unconventional designs. Considering the developing jewelry trends, here are some that you might want to get:
- Medallion/Coin Pendants: the trend for coins started a few years back and has remained strong.
One trend that began developing this year is layering two pendants. This trend added a lot of depth and volume.
- Shell Necklaces: whether made from actual shells or manufactured ones, this design is trendy. Many believe that shell necklaces are only reserved for beach trips.
However, there are a lot of classier designs that are trending right now. You should consider adding these types of designs to your collection.
- Charm Necklaces: charm necklaces bring back all the nostalgia for the 1990s.
They pair well with the trend of charm bracelets. One way to update charm necklaces is to look for inspired pieces that have a modern touch.
- Tennis Necklaces: if you want to wear more sparkly pieces, tennis necklaces are a good choice.
Like medallion necklaces, these can be layered, elevating your look.
- Beads: beads have always had that minimalist yet playful touch to it.
One thing that separates bead necklaces this year is the more colorful variations. A lot of these types of necklaces are showing up on sites like Instagram.
The Jewelry Trend 2021
Jewelry Trends For Spring 2021
Now we look to the future as designers have now been showcasing what will define the coming year through fashion shows.
If there’s one thing to take away for the fashion jewelry trends in 2021, they are still in touch with 2020. Here are some takeaways from all the top shows:
- Bold Pendants: not only do we have big necklaces right now, matching oversized chains and bold pendants have been prevalent in shows.
You can also opt for matching a big, bold pendant with a smaller chain for a classier feel.
- Floral Jewelry: spring and flowers have always paired together to the point that it’s overlooked. The year 2021 looks like the time to bring it back.
- Long Necklaces: think long and go even longer. While collar necklaces and chokers remain relevant, long necklaces are versatile.
They can go over blouses and shirts. Some designers have even paired them with swimsuits.
- Mismatched earrings: if 2020 was the year of the single statement earring, now you can pair it with a smaller one.
Having differently designed earrings that still match a theme seems to be a prevailing choice.
Another thing to note is that both pearls and colorful jewelry are here to stay.
The jewelry trends for spring 2021 are the ones to open the door for next year, dictating what jewelry will remain a good choice moving forward. Consider these and update your jewelry to stay stylish.